Monday, May 4, 2009

We have no choice since we were born.

Religion.

This issue has been bothering me since I turned 22. (hmm do ur math, I’m 24 right now)

I’am surrounded by religious people in the family.

My late grandpa( from my father’s side is a verrry religious man)

My papa and my late mama are also religious kind of people.

My late grandma (from my mother’s side) was a ‘kejawen’ (because she is a Javanese)

Well, I’m a Moslem since I was born.

My parents sent me to an Islamic school when I was a kid.

I was taught how to be a good Moslem. (shalat 5 waktu, berpuasa, baca Al-qur’an, do the sunnah, help the poor, sampe senyum itu juga ibadah).

Well, I was doing those things because some people told me to do it (family, teachers). And I remember how they forced me to do the religious stuff when I was a kid

“ayo shalat, nanti masuk neraka kalo ga shalat”

Jadi shalatlah gue karna takut masuk neraka.

But since 2 years ago, I’m kind’a curious about this spiritual thing. Why this? Why that? How come?

Those questions have been bombarding my mind since 2 years ago.

Hmm.. the interesting part, some people that really close to me, have some kind’a different believes with ‘the common people’ (included me, who do some religious things because I was taught to do it).

Some of their perspectives are really interesting for me.

Once someone asked me “Do u believe that God really exists?” my first reaction was a frowning face, then I answered “yes I do”.

Or these kind of statements: “religion is a politic” or “I smoked a pot last night, and I met God, she is a she” then I asked “why ‘she’?” then he kicked me back with.. “why it must to be ‘he’? have u met before?” ha ha. I just answered with laughing.

But one statement that I agreed: “we have no choice since we were born”

It referred to religion. I totally agreed.

Well, since my curiosity has been haunting me, I’ve decided to discuss it with people who have many different perspectives in religion. Until now, I believe for what I’ve been taught since I was a kid, but need some answers for some questions.

Because being lost for what we believing is not good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment