Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dream destinations

If I’m thinking about something that can recharge my energy (which has been exploited by my daily activities), hmm…traveling is the answer.

When? With whom? And where?

When? My fav time for traveling is not at the peak season. Why? Because the price is much cheaper. From the hotel, plane ticket, etc. The other benefit is we don’t have to battle with million members of family who wanna book the hotels and tickets.

With whom? Friends, bf, family. But my fav companions are friends and bf, because me and my family don’t really have same interest. For example, when I traveled with my brothers, I really wanted to try some specialty food from its place, but my brothers preferred Mc.Donalds or burger king!

Every single day! yeap, I had Mc.D’s scrambled egg for my breakfast every morning! Yeap, when boys say they wanna eat, they mean EAT (u can find the food easily, eat easily, and get full easily, then their mission accomplished!). The only kind of food they could compromise was Italian. As long as I could bribe them with a big plate of pizza, they wouldn’t dare to complain! Another example is when I was soo busy take many tourism brochures, like museums, theme park, or some other interesting tourism spots, one of them just said..”yaelah..theme park mah dmana2 sama aja, kya dufan! Males ah” then my face was like, hah?????? Knp ga skalian aja blg kya taman mini atau MONAS??

Then u know what? I was ended up at a CD store. Poor me…

Where? Hmmm..this is the most interesting part to talk about! Well, I have many, many, many dream destinations for holiday. I just wanna tell you some of them and promise me don’t tell anyone, hihi. Besides Bali or Lombok, actually we have other thousands beautiful beaches. One of them is in Papua. I’ve read about this place, it’s Raja Ampat, it has 4 beautiful main islands. Many beautiful corals and the beach? It’s really gorgeous. How about Bangkabelitung? I’ve browsed that place, and wow! It’s like a private island! Well, if we talk about tourism spots in Indonesia, I remember when I bought a book named “the naked traveler” written by an Indonesian author. I love that book! It’s funny, real and sadly.. I’ve just known that many foreigners have bought our beautiful islands based on what I’ve read! I had an experience which made me quite furious! When I had dinner at Jimbaran, there were many local tourists than foreigners. Then the owner said to one of the waiters “kok, lg banyakan orang lokal ya dr pada bule’nya” (trust me, the tone was like disappointed or something!) rasanya g pgn jawab “trus knp?? Lo jg lokal kaleeee!!! Belagu! (sambil tolak pinggang, hehe, biar galak sedikit maksudnya) Sadly I didn’t say it, just saw him angrily. Urrgghh!

Enough with the bad stories, besides beautiful beaches in Indo, i really, really, really wanna go to Maldives! The place is like paradise. It’s my dream place for a honeymoon or something when I get married one day, hehe. It’s flawless! Other destinations are Greece, India, Tokyo, Venice, NY, and many more! Greece, ohh..the ancient buildings are wonderful! With many small cafes along the streets. India…oh! I am curious about this place since I saw “the Darjeeling Limited”! Tokyo, with its modernism. Venice, with………. I don’t have to describe this one, everybody wanna go there! NY? You tell me!

Actually holiday isn’t always about some places that really far, expensive or else. We can still create our own nice, near, cheap holiday. Like, Bdg used to be my fav destination when I was bored with JKT. Only takes 2hours, many yummy food, cheap shopping spots. Well, even a friend of mine said “yahh k bdg si bukan liburan! Jajan batagor doang namanya!” haha, funny but quite nyebelin juga. But still, bdg was my fav! But now I live in bdg, so..i’ve to find another nice, near, cheap holiday. Still cant find one.

Well, hopefully the global crisis won’t be long (yeah rite!). So we can go to our dream destinations soon! Because the last thing we we’ll talk about, check your pocket honey! Can we buy the ticket soon or we have to bite our finger and stare the holiday brochures sadly until next week, next month or next year? Well, keep dreaming about magnificent places we want to visit one day. Everyone has their own fortune cookie Darla!

3 comments:

  1. kan liburan also about the money hun.
    i'm talking about the dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just too confused wat to rite,,
    So, a greeting from me...

    ReplyDelete